Water Damage Restoration in Orange County
Water Damage Restoration
Water damage restoration includes the complete process of water cleanup from beginning to end–(removal of water, drying items and structures, and moving restored items back). Water remediation is a term equivalent to water damage restoration.
Classes of Water Damage
- Class 1 damage involves part of a room that has absorbed little moisture. It’s the least level of damage.
- Class 2 damage has affected an entire room and has absorbed into carpeting and walls.
- Class 3 damage has absorbed up into the walls, saturated most of the area, and may have come through the ceiling. Class 3 damage is considered the worst.
- Class 4 damage requires specialty drying due to damage done to materials such as hardwood, stone, and concrete.
Categories of Water Damage
- Category 1 involves damage from a clean water source such as toilet tanks, broken pipes supplying clean water. Category 1 water damage can degrade into category 2 or 3 if it sits too long.
- Category 2 involves damage from “grey water,” such as washing machine or dishwasher water containing detergents. It may also involve water containing urine from toilet overflows.
- Category 3 involves completely unsanitary water that can easily cause illness, disease, or death. Category 3 water comes from sewage, river flooding, and standing water that has begun growing bacteria and other microbes.
Does water damage happen immediately?
While some of the effects of water are immediate, there are other effects that may take days or even weeks to become apparent. The extent of water damage depends on how long the water is allowed to stand or accumulate, but even after you stop the immediate cause there can still be lingering effects.
Signs That Your Home Has Water Damage
- Dark or wet spots on the wall or ceiling.
- Drywall that begins to flake or crack.
- Wet spots, drips or puddles around your pipes, sinks, toilets, taps, etc.
- A damp, musty, or moldy smell that suddenly appears; there could also be a sewage smell coming from any plumbing fixtures.
Tile Floor Repair. Tile is very resistant to water, however, water can seep thru the cracks in the grout and damage the subfloor. When the water reaches under laminate flooring, the water must be removed immediately.
The Water Restoration Process
Step 1: Inspection
Step 2: Water Removal
Step 3: Drying
Step 4: Cleaning
Step 5: Restoration
What does a water OC Home Restoration do?
OC Home Restoration is a licensed Contractor. We are the first responders following significant damage to a home from floods and fires, water damage, sewage backup, and other major events. We clean up the mess and to preserve and protect the home and its contents so that further damage will not occur.
If you are in Orange County and need to restore the water damage to your house, please contact us at 657-255-8536, Our experts are ready to fix the water damage immediately!
Our Service Areas
Costa Mesa, Newport Beach, Newport Coast, Laguna Beach, Corona del Mar, Irvine, Tustin, Huntington Beach, Fountain Valley, Santa Ana, South Coast Metro
Get a Free Quote Today
Call us at 657-255-8536 or Fill out the form to get a free quote today!
We match our services to your objectives.
We are the flooring installation experts!